Welcome to Ole Miss!
To ensure your time on campus is as pleasant as possible, read about required parking passes and designated lots for visitors, students, faculty and staff.
Need a Replacement Parking Permit?
If your permit never arrived by mail, has been lost or damaged, or you have a completely new vehicle other than the one you initially registered your parking permit for, you must get a replacement parking permit.
Use the "Replacement Permit" link on the upper right side of this page to submit a request. We will prepare your replacement permit and have it ready for pick up by the next business day or when you arrive at our office. Replacement permits are subject to incurring a $5.00 replacement fee. The fee will automatically be charged to the student’s Bursar account.
Our office is located in the South Campus Recreation Center. Our lobby hours are 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM. For questions/concerns, please call (662) 915-7235.
Return to Normal Parking Policy - January 18th:
Normal parking and enforcement operations will be resume effective weekdays, Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. beginning Tuesday, January 18th.
- All vehicles brought on campus require a parking permit unless parked in a pay-by-hour parking meter space with paid time.
- All vehicles must be parked in a zone designated by their permit classification.
- Students are not permitted to park in Faculty/Staff designated areas.
- Vehicles with current Park-N-Ride permits must park in the Park-N-Ride lots as bus service has resumed.
- Vehicles with Faculty/Staff permits may not park in Residential zones but may park in Commuter zones.
- Faculty/Staff and Students are not permitted to park in Visitor designated areas.
- Any permit type is valid in the Park-N-Ride sections (white painted parking lines) at the Jackson Avenue Center with the exception of South Oxford Center permits. Commercial zones (yellow painted parking lines) are still restricted to Malco Theater.
- All posted signage restrictions remain in effect including Reserved Parking spaces, ADA regulated spaces, visitor spaces, service vehicle spaces, and posted timed spaces.
- South Oxford Center permits are only valid at the South Oxford Center.
Please remember to have current vehicle and license plate information associated with your permit. Failure to update your vehicle and license plate information may result in a citation. License plate updates can be done by clicking the link.
- Oxford University Transit has resumed full operations with most standard routes operating on a normal schedule.
- The Rebel Red and Rebel Blue campus circulator shuttle will operate normally starting again this semester.
- All Oxford University Transit buses are equipped with hand sanitizer dispensers and are routinely cleaned and disinfected. Buses are equipped with additional protections for riders and the drivers. Seating capacity may be limited so plan to arrive early.
- Riders are required to wear a mask at all times while at a crowded shelter and while riding a bus. Riders should allow a minimum of six feet of clearance for arriving buses to disembark departing riders before approached to board a bus.
- Please DO NOT ride Oxford University Transit buses if you are experiencing Covid-19 or other flu like symptoms.
- Oxford University Transit routes, schedules and parking maps are linked.
Please contact the DPT office at 662-915-7235 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
Other Information - University COVID-19 Response Website
Got a New License Plate? Need to Update Your Records!
All permit holders are responsible for keeping their vehicle information up-to-date. Click on the LICENSE PLATE UPDATE button (upper right of the DPT home page) to update your license plate information for an existing vehicle. <Click Here> to view the step-by-step process. If you have a new vehicle and you need to remove an old one from your account, you will need to come to the Parking & Transportation office or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This will help you avoid receiving a citation in the future.
Visitor Parking Passes
Visitor Daily permits are priced at $3/day for the 2021 Calendar Year. Daily visitor permits can be purchased in person at the Department of Parking and Transportation main office now located in in Suite A of the South Campus Recreation Center or at the Welcome Center near the entrance to the Circle on University Avenue. Visitors may also purchase a permit for up to 7 days online by following information on <this page>. Visitors wishing to purchase a permit for a longer period of time may purchase a monthly or annual pass in person at DPT's main office. Departmental purchases of permits will continue to be by email requests. Remember, all vehicles brought on to the University campus must have a parking permit. Please feel free to contact our office for any questions - (662) 915-7235 or email@example.com.